The Volunteer Cancer Drivers Society is a is an all-volunteer, not for profit organization providing transportation for cancer patients to and from their essential treatments during one of the most difficult time in their life. Volunteering is personally rewarding and provides a vital service for those in need.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Volunteer Dispatchers
- Volunteer Driver
The Volunteer Cancer Drivers Society is dedicated to helping get cancer patients to their appointments safely and happily.
- Volunteering at The Volunteer Cancer Drivers Society is a meaningful way to give back to the community.
- With volunteering, you’ll gain a sense of accomplishment and experience something new.
- You’ll be able to better the lives of those in need in the community.
Volunteer as a Driver
- Dedicated volunteers make up this free cancer patient transportation program. Volunteers donate their time to field requests, using their own vehicles every day.
- As reimbursement for vehicle use, drivers receive $0.48/km.
- Requirements include:
- Must be at least 21 years old with a minimum of 5 years driving experience
- Possesses empathy, reliability good listening skills
- Able to assist patients with walkers if required and are familiar with maps or electronic navigation devices
- Visit their website for more information
- Dispatchers make sure that patients are matched with the appropriate drivers in their area.
- This opportunity is an essential role and all new volunteers are welcomed!