Welcome to the Langley Volunteers Bureau
Have you ever seen a need in the community and asked the question ‘what can be done to help?’ That’s how Langley Volunteers was formed. Community Leaders from a dozen organizations across Langley came together to achieve a common goal–bring more opportunities to volunteers in our community.
We all know that volunteers are a key group of committed individuals who add immense value to non-profit organizations. Volunteers bring their personal passion and enthusiasm for the cause, they bring their family and friends into the fold and at times, they contribute financially. We can’t operate the breadth of services and programs in the social sector without volunteers. It’s that simple.
Langley Volunteers is here to guide you to opportunities in our community where you can lend your voice, your knowledge and your passion to help make a difference. We encourage you to register with the new social community-building platform, Volinspire–Volinspire will help you find volunteer roles that match your skills and talents.
Good things happen when enthusiastic people come together for a common cause; thanks for joining Langley Volunteers!
Special thanks to our Langley Volunteers’ Taskforce team:
- Zosia Ettenberg, Langley Pos-Abilities Society
- Brad Nastiuk, Volunteer Abbotsford
- Sylvia Anderson
- Petrina Arnason, Township of Langley
- Tammy Bozzard
- Susan Byrom, Envision Financial
- Susan Cairns, Langley School District Foundation
- Jeff Chenatte, Township of Langley
- Debra Dolton
- Bob Gabriel, ISS of BC
- Penny Hambrooke
- Karen Long, Aldergrove Festival Days
- Nichole Marples, LEPS
- Mike Masellis, St. John Ambulance
- Ana Marie Panczel, ISS of BC
- Cecilia Rose
- Denise Station, Langley Hospice Society
Photo credit: Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce
Media: Langley Advance