Sources Community Resources Society strives to create more vibrant and resilient communities by offering support to others who are coping with isolation, addiction, mental illness, poverty, disability and conflict. They have a mission to promote social wellness for the community. Their team of dedicated staff and volunteers offer many social wellness programs and services to meet individual and community needs.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Sources Langley Food Bank Volunteer
- Community Harvest Volunteer
- Sources Community Resources Society communicates with their volunteers to keep everyone informed about activities, as well as how their time and skills truly make an impact.
- Sources’ Volunteer Centre supports social wellness for individuals and communities through volunteerism. Individuals are assisted to find volunteering opportunities that fit their personal needs and goals.
- They aim to raise awareness about volunteerism and promote the spirit of helping in the community.
- Sources Langley Food Bank Volunteer: Assist with accepting donations of food items arriving at their Food Bank, sort and weigh donations for distribution, and work alongside users of the Food Bank. Volunteers must be able to make a minimum 6 month commitment. Requirements and benefits of this position are listed on their website.
- Community Harvest Volunteer: Has passion for reducing food waste and addressing hunger. Pick fruit from local trees and deliver the harvest to communities who need it the most. The time commitment includes a minimum of 2 picks per month (lasting 2 hours each). Requirements and benefits of this position are listed on their website.
Ways to Support
- Make a donation
- Individual, corporate, and legacy living
- Host a fundraiser
- Sponsor an event
- Donate securities