Langley Memorial Hospital Auxiliary is a group of purpose driven volunteers dedicated to enhancing health care in the hospital and community. Their vision is to assist in creating health care excellence through continuous innovation in volunteering and fundraising. Every year, money is dedicated to improving the medical equipment and providing for the new Emergency Department.
Langley Memorial Hospital Auxiliary needs support from the community to volunteer for:
- Gift shop cashiers (no experience required & training provided)
- Penny Pincher thrift store cashiers
- Thrift store receivers
- Handy persons
- Leaders that can assist in running the store and take on a variety of leadership roles
- Hospital volunteers to provide information and wayfinding for visitors
Gift Shop Cashier (4 shifts a month)
- Located in the Langley Memorial Hospital lobby, carrying a wide variety of goods such as plush animals, gift ware, flowers and plants, slippers and socks, maternity supplies, greeting cards and more! They also have knitted baby outfits and blankets made personally by 20 – 30 volunteer knitters at the hospital.
- Parking Pass provided to volunteers.
Penny Pincher Thrift Shop
- They are looking for receivers and sorters in the back and cashiers who are able to dedicate 4 hours a week to volunteering. They are able to accommodate for flexible schedules with training provided.
20560 Fraser Highway
Langley B.C. V3A 4G2
- They are a major source of funding for their hospital
- Give back to the community
- Use your leadership skills
- Make new friends and learn new skills
- Volunteering has proven health benefits and helps combat loneliness and isolation