Langley Meals on Wheels is a non-profit society that provides affordable menu plans and meal programs in Langley. They help people retain independence in the comfort of their own homes by serving fresh, wholesome meals delivered right to their door. Langley Meals on Wheels values compassion, collaboration, community, integrity, and innovation.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Deliver Meals
- Pack Meals
- Seal Meals
- Help in the Kitchen
The caring volunteers of Langley Meals on Wheels provide friendly and positive interaction for those living alone. Join their team to make a difference!
- Deliver Meals: Pickup meals before lunch and deliver them to clients in Langley during lunchtime. Routes usually have 5-15 deliveries and delivery times are between 11-1pm. Volunteers must have a valid driver’s license, be able to lift 20lbs, and be detail oriented. (Pickup is at 10:45am)
- Pack Meals: Sort and pack meals into bags to be delivered to clients. (9:30am-11:30am on weekdays only).
- Seal Meals: Seal meals on weekdays from 10am-11:30am, no experience is required.
- Help in the Kitchen: Help make food for clients in the kitchen on weekdays, and a Food Safe Certificate is preferred to have.
Langley Meals on Wheels also offers many programs to help others!
- They have monthly virtual luncheons for seniors, and other programs include Healthy Living Bags, Food Recovery, Home From The Hospital, Subsidy Program, and the Medwatch Program!
- Check out their website for more information.