Bard in the Valley performs the creative plays of William Shakespeare by aiming to educate and entertain his stories. Outdoor performances are held every summer, in which some are admission-free and by donation. Over 50 volunteers dedicate their time and talent to put on each show: from actors, technicians, producers, designers, and many more, there’s a role for everyone!
Needed volunteer roles include:
- Costume Designer Assistant / Builder
- Set Designer & Set Builder
- Front of House Crew
They are dedicated to providing quality productions that are affordable and accessible to a big audience, as well as promoting enthusiasm towards the works of Shakespeare.
Bard in the Valley’s Events
- Since 2009, Bard in the Valley has performed a Shakespearean play every summer. More than 23,000 people have come to see these performances over the years!
- Bard in the Valley also offers youth theatre workshops for children ages 11-15. Additionally, they also have an Improv Summer Camp, as well as Musical Summer Camp.
Join the Team
- With over 50+ volunteers every year putting on each spectacular play, many different roles are needed to help!
- Volunteer as an actor, crew member, technician, producer, costume / set designer, set builder, choreographer, photographer, front of house, program designer, website coordinator, and more!
Devote your time and talent to Bard in the Valley’s productions with a variety of roles to help out in!
Contribute to the creativity to create a spectacular performance for the community!
Ways to Support
- Donate to Bard in the Valley to make the production more affordable for the community.
- Watch a Bard in the Valley production and buy tickets / donate, as well as enjoy the show and all the talent!
- Volunteer in one of many roles, and have the opportunity to be a part of the production.