Opportunity Posted - 28/04/2018 - 31/12/2018
We provide free and reliable round trip transportation to people receiving treatment and follow-up care for cancer. From the Fraser Valley, we drive cancer patients to cancer centres including, but not restricted to Abbotsford Regional Hospital & Cancer Centre, Fraser Valley Regional Hospital Centre/Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital, Vancouver General Hospital, BC Cancer Agency in Vancouver.
Drivers must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Be between 21 to 78 years of age, with a minimum of 5 years driving experience
- Have a good driving record, maximum 3 demerit points from ICBC
- Hold a valid driver’s license, and a minimum of 3 million third party liability insurance
- Submit to a Criminal Record Check
- Commit to a minimum of 1 full day or 2 half days per week
- Own and use a trustworthy vehicle and be responsible for the upkeep and safety of the vehicle
- Refrain from smoking and drive without distractions (cell phone, texting, etc)
- Consistently drive defensively and obey traffic laws
- Be familiar with maps and electronic navigation devices
- Have and be familiar with the use of email and a basic familiarity with computers
- Drivers must possess these personal attributes and qualities.
Drivers are not paid for their time, but they do receive $0.44 per km for each trip to help offset the cost of gas and maintenance for their cars.
Please click on the link on the logo above for more details.
If you contact the Vancouver Cancer Drivers Society directly, please tell them that you were referred by the Langley Volunteer Bureau