Welcome, here you will find an ongoing list of available volunteer positions that are needed within the Langley Community.
If you have already been interviewed and approved with Langley Volunteers Bureau please proceed to our calendar of opportunities.
If you have not yet completed a volunteer application please kindly do so here Volunteer Application.
NEW Volunteer Postings
- Langley Senior’s Resource Centre has a call out for general volunteers for their many programs. There are 4 volunteer training sessions coming up on Wednesdays in February on the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th from 9 am to noon
- Langley Hospice is hosting the Historic Half Marathon in Fort Langley Historic on Sunday, February 18th and has volunteer positions available – Parking, Route Marshalls, Water Station, Medals, Timing Tags and Bag Check & Hospice Table. Time is from 8:00 am to noon. This is a great ‘bring a friend’ or child/grandchild volunteer opportunity
- Salvation Army Gateway of Hope – Coldest Day of the Year Walk, Saturday, February 24, 2018, 5787 Langley Bypass https://cnoy.org/location/langley
- Food Team – Assist in preparing and serving post walk snacks for walkers, includes dishwashing, setting and cleaning tables. 2 pm to 9 pm
- Registration Team – Process walkers as they arrive for kickoff, may include providing directions and processing donations. 3 pm to 7 pm
- Logistics Team – Responsible for setting up tables and chairs; will require some lifting and help take down after event. Various shifts available from 2 pm to 8 pm
- Route Support Vehicle – Providing visual support along the walk routes to ensure walker safety. 4 pm to 8:30 pm
- Welcome Team – Indoors/Desk – Be able to provide clear directions to walkers when they arrive. 3 pm to 6 pm
- Welcome Team – Outside Greeters – Provide clear directions for walkers as they arrive to register; answer basic questions. 3:30 p to 6:30 pm
- Welcome Team – Parking – Some familiarity with directing cars to parking areas. 3 pm to 7 pm
- Event Photographer (2) – Help capture the walk both before and during the event. Photos will be the property of the Gateway of Hope, with credit to the Photographer. 4 pm to 7:30 pm
- Langley Literacy Network is looking for volunteers for their Conversation Circle program.
- Lead a small group of ESL adult learners, and help them improve their English conversational skills. Mondays, Wednesday & Friday’s from 9:30 am to 11:30 am.
- Sources Food Bank is seeking volunteers for Tuesday and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 1 pm
- Salvation Army Gateway of Hope is in need of Shelter Volunteer Workers.
- Langley Memorial Hospital Auxiliary’s Penny Pincher Thrift store is in need or volunteer cashiers and sorters – 4 hour shifts.
- Ten Thousand Villages is needing 10 people for April 11 from 6 pm to 8 pm and 10 people on April 28 from 6 pm to 8 pm to help unload and reload a big shipment of rugs.
Very active Brookswood Senior’s Group is currently seeking: (Brookswood Seniors)
- Someone who is interested in volunteering to host a Fall Drop In coffee program, 3 to 4 days per week at their facility.
- They also need a volunteer to source out and bring in reasonable snacks to help them keep their costs down.
- Two Volunteers needed to help clean their facility.
- One Volunteer to assist with the grounds maintenance.
Thrift Store in Walnut Grove is seeking strong and fit individuals to help out. (Langley Hospice)
Langley Hospice organization has numerous volunteer opportunities:
Local Senior Outreach Programs seeking volunteers to visit with isolated seniors in our community. (Langley Lodge)
A Langley Society working to eliminate violence against women is seeking : (Ishtar)
- Help sorting and pick up items for their ‘Boutique’.
- Volunteers for their existing programs. Training provided
Local Hospital society is seeking: (Langley Memorial Hospital Auxillary)
- Volunteer cashiers for their gift shop.
- VolunTEENS help brighten patient’s days. Valuable volunteer experience provided with in the hospital.
Langley organization that supports youth and adults with developmental disabilities or mental health issues in our community is seeking volunteers for their programs. Do you play a piano? Sing? Make crafts? Share your talent. Youth 16+ are welcome. Also, large groups who would like to volunteer on specific days. (Langley Assoc for Community Living)
Local Animal Shelter for Cats is seeking: (C.A.R.E.S.)
- Morning shelter cleaners and feeding cats 7 days a week from 8 am to 11 am.
- Also, in need ofspecial foster homes for some of their special needs animals
- Can you spare 2 hours per week supplying Kitty Kisses? Spend time with cats as well as doing a few chores.
- Medical volunteers are needed on weekend mornings and for evening meds all week.
- Help with our fundraisers and Events– Bowl-a-thon, Cat Walk, Pet Photos with Santa, Night at the Races, Meat Draws and Garage Sales. Contact for further details and dates.
Langley Youth Society’s is asking for just a few hours a couple times a month, you can help a child succeed. Big Brothers mentoring, Big Sisters mentoring, Adult In-School mentoring, Teen In-School mentoring, Between Generations and Go Girls! Group (BBBS of Langley)
Volunteer Opportunity to Facilitate the Chronic Pain Self-Management Workshop
A Leader Training workshop for the Chronic Pain Self-Management Program We are looking for volunteer workshop leaders who have experience living with chronic pain themselves or are caregivers for someone with chronic pain. There is no charge to take the training. You will be provided with a Licensed Leaders Manual and the “Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain” book.
Fundraising Agency in Aldergrove is seeking Store Supervisor and volunteers for their Thrift Store. (Fibromyalgia Thrift Store)
Langley Homeless Shelter is always looking for regular volunteers: (Gateway of Hope)
- Meal Centre. Three shifts – 7:00 am to 11:00 am, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and the 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm is available for student’s afterschool. Please consider committing to a weekly shift for a period of three months.
- Annual Christmas Kettle Drive – Individuals, families, businesses and organizations are welcome
- Help with building and grounds maintenance.
- Thrift store in Aldergrove – 3-4 hour shifts sorting and tagging clothing, organization and cleaning.
- Food pick-up drivers to help with donation pick-ups or events with Gateway vehicle.
- Spiritual care working alongside our Spiritual Care Coordinator.
- Emergency shelter helping with laundry, serving snacks, cleaning, helping with guest luggage and supervision in the computer lab.
- Administrative/Family Services – Filing, answering phones, data entry, reception, hamper registration, school supply drive and fundraising assistance.
- IT/Computer Maintenance
- Family Services helping our Family Services Coordinator, volunteers may help sort and organize donations, assist with the Community Volunteer Income Tax program, help with various community registrations, administrative assistance, Skillet 101 and various programs.
Langley Seniors agency is looking for volunteers to drive seniors to their appointments. (LSRC)
Langley Society that helps improve the quality of life for people with disabilities is seeking volunteers:
- BOARD MEMBERS – The LPAS Board is a working Board consisting of 7 members and each person serves a one year term with the possibility of running for more terms
- NEWSLETTER AND MEDIA COORDINATOR – We need someone who is skilled in the use of media i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the ability to write interesting and informative newsletters.
- EQUIPMENT PICK UP AND DELIVERY AND THE SET UP OF A WHEELCHAIR OBSTACLE COURSE – A crew of people is needed to be available for the above mentioned tasks.
- MEMBERS FOR A FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE – Several people are needed to serve on this committee to come up with ideas to raise money for the Society as well as to carry them out.
- VOLUNTEER CO-ORDINATOR – Someone with people skills is needed to orientate and schedule the volunteers for the various different events.
- COMMUNITY DISPLAY VOLUNTEERS – Several people are needed to man our display booth at the various community events throughout the year.
- PHOTOGRAPHER – A person with photographic skills is needed to attend our events and obtain a pictorial history for use on line etc.
Langley Community School seeking volunteer program leaders: (HD Stafford Middle School)
- Breakfast and Lunch Programs for students
Outdoor Education / Community Garden
Lead clubs or coach teams that already exist or create new ones. Sports – Basketball, Rugby, Soccer, Badminton, VolleyBall, Theater, Art
- Cook food or do meal prep for our breakfast and lunch program.
- Help construction with outdoor classroom, garden, courtyard
Langley Junior Hockey Team (Langley Riverman)
- All game day help – Ex. Ushers/Host, ticket takers, dressing room security, scorekeepers, etc
- Additional opportunities for people who may want to work in the office or help with marketing initiatives.
Langley Arts group has 3 volunteer positions available (Langley Arts Council)
- Program Assistant
- Special Event Crew
- Administrative Assistant
Langley City store that supports the livelihoods of artisans in developing countries around the world is seeking sales associates to help customers and educate the public about what Fair Trade is and why it is important. (10 Thousand Villages)
Langley Sources Food bank are in need of volunteers and ask for a minimum 3 month commitment for the following shifts:
- Tuesdays to sort and stock shelves in preparation fordistribution day: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Wednesdays to stock and/or distribute food: 9:00 am to 12:30 pmor 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- Thursdays to sort and stock shelves: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Langley Literacy Network are seeking volunteers for our Community One-on-One Learning program. Volunteer tutors are paired with an adult learner and with the support of the coordinator, the tutor will plan activities to help them improve their reading and writing skills. Volunteers will either work one-on-one or lead a small group of 3 learners. Tutoring take place in libraries across Langley.
MS Society of BC and Yukon are seeking a MS Walk organizing Committee for successfully planning and leading the MS Walk in May 2019 in Langley.
Positions Available: Volunteer Coordinator, Site Coordinator, Food Coordinator, Entertainment & Event Experience Coordinator, Route Coordinator, Check in and Banking Coordinator
BC Farm Museum, Fort Langley have many opportunities to volunteer. The museum is open from April to September, but the volunteers also meet there every Monday to work on machinery and do minor building repairs.
- Do you enjoy building things, poking around engines, working with tools in a workshop? Can you wield a duster, a vacuum or a mop to help keep the Museum and artifacts looking great? Do you enjoy working on computers? Do you like designing posters and newsletters? Do you like meeting people at special events? Do you have professional expertise to share? There are jobs small and large waiting for you in good company.
The Langley Heritage Society is currently looking for volunteers and ambassadors to welcome visitors from around the world to the Fort Langley CN Station for the 2018 season. Volunteers are needed in the railcar, in the station, with the model railway in the caboose and in Mrs. Simpson’s heritage garden between Victoria Day and Thanksgiving from noon to 4 pm.
Work behind the scenes or in the public eye. We have a variety of positions for guides to provide antidotal stories about the station agents and early settlers in Fort Langley, to explain some of the railway artifacts, to show visitors how to send a telegram with morse code, to answer questions, to listen to guests’ stories or to weed and deadhead flowers in the flower gardens.
You don’t need to have any knowledge about Lanlgey’s heritage or the CN Station. We provide full training.
Other opportunities are also available to assist with the display tents during Canada Day, the Country Celebration at Campbell Valley Park in September and when the Langley Heritage Society is asked to provide a display or to attend special events.
Organizations Seeking Members
Langley Lions – The Lions support locally:
- Langley Leos, Langley Christmas Bureau, Langley Memorial Hospital, Langley Lions Senior Citizens Housing Society, Youth Groups, teams and leagues, Cops for Cancer, Douglas Park school, High School Grads, Free mobility equipment loans, Recycling hearing aids and recycling eye glasses.
Langley Elks Lodge #259 – support local community events, provide charitable assistance for families and children in need. Founded in 1935, the Langley Elks has been a longtime member of our community, all through the time and efforts of our volunteer members. Please join us every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm