The Langley Rivermen Hockey Club is a Junior A hockey team based in Langley, at George Preston Recreation Centre. They are a member of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL), and have existed since 2011.
Volunteers positions include:
- Help out with home games
- Goal judges
- Penalty box attendant
- Ticket booth & ticket takers
- Selling frisbees
- Doing 50/50
The Langley Rivermen Hockey Club values the people who run the team. The help of volunteers are needed to assist with game nights, or even take in a player for the duration of a season. Being a volunteer / billet is being a part of the team!
- Volunteers are needed for the home games played at George Preston Recreation Centre. Games are typically held on Friday and Saturday evenings, as well as some weekday and Sunday games.
- Volunteers will be needed starting this September when pre-season games start, and October, when the regular season starts.
Types of Volunteer Positions
- On game day, the volunteer positions needed include goal judges, an attendant for the penalty boxes (for home and away games), managing the ticket booth, ticket takers at the front door and upstairs, security, selling frisbees (for the frisbee toss), doing the 50/50 (if the scheduled organization is unable to attend), and doing the 50/50 for Trapper’s games.
- As well as volunteers, billets for the Langley Rivermen Hockey Club are needed. As a billet family, you will have the opportunity to take in a player as your own for the duration of the season.
- Past billet families have experienced great joy and have special relationships with the players they’ve taken in. Billeting is an amazing way to support the Langley Rivermen Hockey Club, as well as support a special player.