Langley Pos-Abilities is a non-profit agency that helps people who are disabled, including those living with mobility issues, hearing loss blindness, plus many other conditions requiring assistive devices.
Volunteer positions include:
- General Langley Pos-Abilities Volunteer
- Board Member
- Personal Assistive Devices (PAD) Program Driver/Volunteer
- Student Coordinator
- Project Lead: Google Ads
- T.O.A.D Program Volunteer
- Social Media Coordinator: YouTube
- Fundraising Committee Member
- General Langley Pos-Abilities Volunteer: This is a general position that offers many different opportunities, such as help needed to organize and run monthly community events.
- Board Member: An additional board member with leadership experience is needed. Board members attend a meeting once a month and actively contribute to the organization in many ways.
- Personal Assistive Devices (PAD) Program Driver: This role needs individuals who can pick up donated deliver assistive devices and medical equipment using their own vehicle.
- Personal Assistive Devices (PAD) Program Volunteer: This role requires individuals who can transport assistive devices to those in need.
- Student Coordinator: Oversee student volunteers and the student supported projects. Strong leadership skills, communication, and a team-oriented mentality is desired for this role.
- Project Lead: Google Ads: Volunteers are needed to create and manage Langley Pos-Abilities’ Google Ad campaigns. This includes reformatting their website, search engine optimization, and campaign management.
- T.O.A.D Program Volunteer: Volunteers are needed to organize, set up, and help out with the Try On A Disability Program. This includes organizing small and large events and facilitating the event to all members of the community.
- Social Media Coordinator: YouTube: A volunteer with experience in videography, video editing, and content creation is needed to help start their many video projects and manage their YouTube channel.
- Fundraising Committee Member: Volunteers who have experience in fundraising and networking with various donors are needed to create fundraising strategies and organize fundraising events.
On-going Services/Projects you can join:
Personal Assistive Devices Program
- To improve the life quality of disabled people and to donate assistive equipment to clients who cannot afford
- Volunteers are encouraged their own vehicles once/twice a month, and we need more volunteers to support our community
Equipment Repair Program
- To offer an equipment repair service and facilitate the process of getting trusted repair
- To help clients when they cannot transport their broken equipments to the store
Brookswood Plaza Access Collaboration video with SPARC BC
- Promoting Accessible Parking in Accessible Communities
- A short video has been made bringing awareness to the lack of accessible parking for individuals living with disabilities at Brookswood Plaza in Langley
Projects in Development in 2021:
Accessibility Map- New Horizons Grant
- The New Horizons Grant is funding the creation an accessibility map of Langley and neighbouring communities to help the disabled people better plan their daily activities
- This map will provide information on how accessible a location is and warn of any difficulties those living with disabilities might encounter
- T. O. A. D. program is one way that Langley Pos-Abilities educates able-bodied members of our community on what it is like to live with a disability: includes multiple games plus an obstacle course that highlights the struggles and forward planning involved in living with a disability
- Accessibility Audits help us corporate with local companies and organizations to ensure everyone can access our community
- Steps are taken: estimating, reporting marks, following up with organizations to ensure the improvements of the accessibility of all the members