The Langley Lodge provides exceptional quality of care and enrichment for the aging population in the community. They value active leadership in the organization and community, as well as committed to providing of care and life. They provide long term care, respite care, and community support.
Volunteers are needed to help in:
- Bus Trips / Community Outings
- Langley Care Foundation
- Lodge-Wide Support
- Pastoral Care
- Personal Visitors
- Program Support
- Bus trips / community outings: Assist with scheduled bus or community outings with residents. Volunteer as a Bus Trip Assistant.
- Langley Care Foundation: Includes monthly meetings of members of the Board of Directors for Langley Care Foundation. Volunteer and be on the LCF Major Event Committee.
- Lodge-Wide Support: Help with programs and services needed to support resident, pet and environment well being. This includes bird/pet care, coffee/tea – morning host, lodge special events, and plant care (watering and weeding).
- Pastoral Care: Support church services, provide palliative visits and one to one spiritual support. Volunteer positions include 1:1 pastoral visitor / church (service) support and a palliative visitor.
- Personal Visitors: Visit one to one with a resident to support and interact. This includes helping with pet therapy visits, and being a one-on-one visitor (social companion).
- Program Support: Help with activities such as BINGO, birthday parties, music therapy, and piano – musical accompaniment / entertainment.
Other Ways to Support
- Support Fundraising Events