Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is a volunteer-based charity finding the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis while improving the lives of adults and children affected by these diseases. Through advocacy, research, patient programs, and awareness, Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is changing the lives of people affected.
Volunteering opportunities include:
- The Gutsy Walk event
- Helping people
- Education, awareness, and advocacy
- Event planning and support
- Virtual volunteering
The mission of Crohn’s and Colitis Canada:
- They will raise funds for research to further prevention, treatments, cures, and health policy
- Improve the lives of individuals affected by these diseases, as well as educate families, industry, and governments about Crohn’s and colitis
- Increase public awareness about Crohn’s and Colitis Canada
- Advocate to stakeholders and governments on behalf of those who’ve been impacted by Crohn’s and colitis
Volunteers Make an Impact
- Thousands of volunteers dedicate their time and skills to help those affected with inflammatory bowel disease by providing professional skills, educating, and advocating.
- Volunteers also greatly help Crohn’s and Colitis Canada with raising funds to fund important research, patient programs, and much more.
Areas for Volunteers
- Chapters: Volunteer-led places in which those who are affected by Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis can get support and meet new people. They also raise funds, spread awareness about events, grow the volunteer base, etc.
- Gutsy Walk: A yearly fundraising event which supports a great cause and raises lots of funds for research. There are a lot of committee roles offered to help out and use your skills to make a difference.
- Helping people with Crohn’s and colitis: Volunteers supply and deliver a lot of patient programs (including camps and mentoring programs) as well as making sure your community is aware about these programs.
- Education, awareness, and advocacy: By striving to educate, inform, and advocate for those living with inflammatory bowel disease, volunteers can have the role of sharing recent health-related information, going to health fairs, organizing education events, and more.
- Event planning and support: Lots of in-person and online events are hosted, on topics such as education, support, and fundraising. Be part of the planning team and join on the event day!
- Virtual or off-site volunteering: Projects and activities can be offered and done at home, giving the opportunity for flexibility but still making a difference. Virtual volunteering includes updating information, doing online research, and helping with social media.
Other Ways to Support
- Donate to fund research
- Support the Make it stop. For life. campaign by donations or volunteers
- Become a monthly donor