The Canadian Festival of Chili & BBQ is a non-profit organization devoted to creating better lives for the community by hosting the yearly family-oriented event for traditional Southern ‘Low and Slow’ BBQ cooking and Texas Style Chili. Over several years, the annual event has raised over $50,000 for the The BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund and other local charities.
Every festival, volunteers are desired to aid with:
- Helping in the Judging Area
- Assisting the producers
- Welcoming visitors
- Handing out wristbands and festival brochures with firefighter volunteers
- Helping out competing teams
- Assisting teams with public food sampling after each turn in for judgement
Come and enjoy the Canadian Festival of Chili and BBQ for tons of competition, delicious food, and fun!
Anyone can join and compete in the Canadian Festival Chili and BBQ!
- There are 9 different chili and BBQ categories that teams or individuals can compete in!
- You don’t have to be a professional cook or expert to compete in the festival; there are many new competitors who take home prizes too!
- If you don’t want to compete, you can be part of the public and watch teams cook and prepare their entries for the judges as early as 10am!
The curious and enthusiatic environment of the festival makes this event an amazing volunteer experience!
- About 20 volunteer spots are needed per day for 3 hours each ; your involvement, big or small, will help raise money for the BC’s Professional Firefighters’ Burn Fund to help survivors of burns in BC.
- You’ll have the opportunity to sample magnificent and delicious foods made at the festival!
- Join the amazing team of the Canadian Festival of Chili and BBQ to take in the experience of a Southern Chili and BBQ while raising money for charities and promoting family fun!