Langley RibFest proceeds support Service Organizations in our Langley Communities, and Rotary Club Service Projects locally and internationally. Bring your family and friends to volunteer and experience a fun day of delicious food and great entertainment while supporting your community!
100% of Net proceeds from RibFest go to support our Service Organisations and Rotary Club Service Projects!
The Volunteer opportunities offered by RibFest include:
- 50/50 Ticket Sales
- Green Team
- Guest Services
- Parking Duties
- RibFest Tavern
- RibFest Cookhouse
- Volunteer Tent
- Entertainment Assistance
“Not just ribs! Come enjoy our family-friendly community event”– Langley RibFest
What is RibFest?
“It’s going to be a party. It’s going to be the whole weekend. It’s going to be a RibFest.”– Langley Advance
The Rotary Clubs of Langley along with Otter Co-op and Angry Otter Liquor are excited to bring you Ribfest 2023. We are expecting more than 40,000 people at this huge family event this year and hope you will join the fun.
With live entertainment, great food, a huge KidZone, and site-wide adult beverage service there is something for everyone. The best part is it is free to attend but we hope you will donate generously to support the many charities.
Why should you volunteer at RibFest?
“Volunteers have the most fun at RibFest!”
A great event to get volunteer hours for students and give back to the community! Local organizations with groups of volunteers may also be able to receive an honorarium for fundraising.
Volunteers also get the perks of free food and drinks, plus a free t-shirt!
What will you be helping with?
Interested in volunteering for the August 18-20, 2023 event? Here are some volunteer opportunities for you! :
- 50/50 Ticket Sales (must be 19+)
- Green Team
- KidZone (13-16 require supervision, 19+ require PIC)
- Guest Services (must be 19+)
- RibFest Tavern (requires Serve It Right (SIR) certificate, 19+)
- RibFest Cookhouse (must be 15+)
- Parking Duties
- Volunteer Tent
The Abbotsford International Airshow Society produces Canada’s best air show and ignites a passion for flight that helps grow the Canadian aerospace industry.
The Aldergrove Agricultural Fair & Festival is an annual festival put together by the Aldergrove Fair Days Society (AFDS), which is dedicated to bringing the community together.
Christmas in Williams Park is run by a non-profit organization that gets you in the Christmas spirit by putting on a beautiful and festive lights display.
The Fort Langley Jazz & Arts Festival provides the accessibility of live jazz music which gives musicians and artists a delightful venue to perform or to show off their work.
Langley RibFest proceeds to support Service Organizations in our Langley Communities, and Rotary Club Service Projects locally and internationally.
Join our team of over 3,200 volunteers!
If you want to learn more about volunteering, go to our Volunteers page to learn how we can help you connect with organizations in Langley that could use your support!
We have volunteer opportunities that will work for all ages, interests and availability. With COVID-19 there are many ‘work from home’ volunteering options too!
Stay connected by following us on your favourite app!
Langley SNOW ANGELS program is here!
Langley Volunteer Bureau is proud to announce that after piloting the Snow Angels program last winter, we are now ready to launch a new website!
What is the Snow Angels program?
In an effort to support seniors in the community during the winter months, we are providing seniors, and people with mobility issues, an opportunity to have the sidewalks in front of their homes cleared of snow.
This program is offered in partnership with the City of Langley, Township of Langley, and our local Langley Seniors Resource Centre. If you are a senior or person with mobility issues, who lives in Langley and own your own home, you can sign up here to request a Snow Angel. We will match you with a volunteer in your neighbourhood, and they will try their best to keep your sideways clear this winter.
Residents who meet the criteria can also register starting on Monday October 16th. A link will be posted once we are live!
We are looking for snow angels to clear the sidewalks. We will be opening up Snow Angel registration on October 16th, 2023 for volunteers at bettercommunity.ca.
Over 3,000 Christmas cards will be delivered in the next couple weeks to seniors across Langley! We will be picking up from 30 schools, Christmas cards we provided to Kindergarten through University students, and be delivering to over 30 seniors residences, senior services such as Langley Meals on Wheels, Langley Seniors Resource Society, and the Aldergrove Legion. We will also be delivering these heartfelt cards to the Langley Hospice Society and the Langley Memorial hospital!
If you would like to help with this program please register to volunteer with us 🙂Rose Snowdon, Langley Volunteer Bureau
Looking for Volunteers?
Build a Strong Volunteer Team
If you are a non-profit looking for volunteers to extend your programs or fill in the gaps, learn how we engage volunteers in the community and connect them with your organization on our Members page.
If you are a non-profit organization, go to our WAVE Program page to learn more about how we can help you find students interested in volunteer work experience. Students who want to go into health related fields are especially eager to gain experience.
If you are business, please go to the WAVE information on the Langley School District website to learn about hiring students.
If you are a non-profit or business, and are hosting a community event that benefits Langley, we can help you build a strong team of volunteers and manage your event! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We proudly support the annual Langley RibFest, Fort Langley Jazz & Arts Festival and starting in 2023 the Abbotsford International Airshow!
Non-Profits & Municipalities
- Abbotsford International Airshow Society
- Aldergrove Agricultural Fair & Festival Association
- Alzheimer Society of B.C.
- Arboretum and Botanical Society of Langley
- Bard in the Valley
- BC Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation
- BC Farm Museum Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Langley
- Campbell Valley Nature House
- Canadian Animal Rescue & Extended Shelter (C.A.R.E.S)
- Canadian Blood Services
- Canadian Museum of Flight Association
- Christmas In Williams Park Society
- Critter Care Wildlife Society
- Derby Reach/Brae Island Parks Association
- Dan’s Legacy Foundation
- Downtown Langley Business Association
- Fort Langley Lions
- Fort Langley National Historic Site –Parks Canada
- Fort Langley Jazz & Arts Festival
- Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce
- Hope for Children Thrift Store
- Inclusion Langley Society
- Immigrant Services Society of BC (ISSofBC)
- Langley Animal Protection Society (LAPS)
- Langley Arts Council
- Langley Care Society (Langley Lodge)
- Langley Centennial Museum
- Langley Christmas Bureau
- Langley City, Recreation, Culture & Community Services
- Langley Community Services Society
- Langley Elks #259
- Langley Good Times Cruise-In
- Langley Heritage Society
- Langley Hospice Society
- Langley Human Dignity Coalition
- Langley Literacy Network
- Langley Lions Club
- Langley Little Theatre
- Langley Meals on Wheels
- Langley Memorial Hospital Auxiliary
- Langley Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Langley Pos-Abilities Society
- Langley RibFest (Rotary Club of Langley)
- Langley School District #35
- Langley Seniors In Action
- Langley Senior Resources Society
- Langley Special Olympics
- MS Society of Canada
- Pacific Riding for Developing Abilities (PRDA)
- Rabbitats Rescue Society
- Rock Step Swing Dance Society
- Salvation Army Gateway of Hope
- Salvation Army Willows Church and Family Life Centre
- Sources Community Resources Society
- The Happy Herd Farm Sanctuary
- The Parish of St. Dunstan
- Township of Langley
- Valley Therapeutic Equestrian Association (VTEA)
- Volunteer Cancer Driver’s Association
- WestCoast Nature Therapies & Learning Society
- Aldergrove Credit Union