The Arboretum and Botanical Society of Langley (ABSL) is a group of dedicated volunteers who meet monthly to assist the Township of Langley with the design, development, and maintenance of the Derek Doubleday Arboretum as a horticulture center for the enjoyment and education of visitors.
To name some of the fun and engaging tasks the Volunteers of ABSL get to do:
- Cultivating Garden Beds
- Planting New Perennials and Shrubs
- Assisting at the Derek Doubleday Arboretum
What will you be doing?
Get engaged in these fun gardening tasks and learn new skills, all the while being surrounded by flowers and trees!
Become a gardener:
- The ABSL needs energetic people who are willing to get their hands a little dirty for this position!
- Tasks include weeding, edging, and cultivating the garden beds as well as planting new perennials and shrubs at Derek Doubleday Arboretum.
- Gloves and supplies will be provided by the team.
Where will you be Volunteering?
Earn Volunteer hours by assisting the ABSL team in keeping these stunning gardens beautiful and healthy!
- Langley Demonstration Garden
- Willow Garden
- Dyer’s Garden
- Beverly Anne Clay Rose Garden
- David’s Bird Garden
- Les Clay Rhododendron Garden
“We hope to continue to develop the Arboretum into a destination site for people from all over Canada to come to visit to enjoy and learn about the unique trees, flowers, and gardens found at the Arboretum and to walk and reflect in a beautiful natural setting about Canadians who have fallen in their service to Canada.
As a non-profit run by volunteers, 100% of your contributions go towards these efforts.”
– Arboretum and Botanical Society of Langley